Shaiful Bakri Ismail
Mr. Shaiful Bakri Ismail is a Lecturer in the Technical Foundation Section at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology. He graduated with B.Eng (Hon) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Skudai, Johor, Malaysia in 2007.
Immediately after graduation, he joined NEC Semiconductor Sdn Bhd located at Klang, Selangor and attached with the Discrete Department. After spending one year on the responsibilities as Process Engineer, he continue his study for Masters with MARA scholarship in UKM. He got his Master Science (M.Sc.) in Mathematics from Universit Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM), Bangi, Selangor in 2010. During his master’s degree study, he also working as Assistant Instructor for Pusat PERMATA Pintar Negara Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia under the program of Faculty of Education, UKM and the Prime Minister’s Office. He started working as mathematics lecturer in Universiti Kuala Lumpur, Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET) since 2010. Currently, he is doing his PhD degree at Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris Shah (UPSI) in Applied Mathematics (Optimization) since 2016.
Mr. Shaiful is an established teacher and researcher in mathematical application. His research interests include the application in operational research with the aim to provide and formulate new method in optimization (Hybrid Exact, Heuristic and Metaheuristic) using C++ programming and MATLAB as a references. Others interest research are advanced computer programming, nature optimization, transportation management and the development of vehicle routing problem in port system and facilities. Throughout his service at UniKL MIMET, he has taught several mathematical subjects and programming (MATLAB and C++) both diploma and bachelor’s degree level as well as also prepare a few of mathematical syllabus and curriculum for all the courses that offered at UniKL MIMET. He got expertise in MATLAB and practicing it since 2013.
Specific Research Interests
- Operational Research (Optimization, heuristic, metaheuristic)
- Mathematical programming (C++ and MATLAB)
- Transportation management
- A Study on an Intrinsic and Extrinsic Elements among Dual Income Couples towards Career Development. 6th International conference on public policy and social science. October 2017.
- The Contributing Factors To Oil Spill : A Review Paper. 1st International Undergraduate & Postgraduate (IUP’17) Students Conference on Marine, Maritime Technology & Management 2017 (IUP’17). November 2017.
- Pengenalan Identiti Budaya Melayu Menerusi Aplikasi Batik Dalam Pembuatan Bot Gentian Kaca (Fiberglass Boat) di UniKL MIMET, Lumut Perak. Persidangan Antarabangsa Historiografi Melayu, Hotel Seri Malaysia Kuantan, Pahang. ISBN: 978-976-12639-7-6. May 2017.
- A smart trolley with RFID implementation : A survey among customers. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Pages 1260-1266. ISBN:1819-6608. Feb 2017.
- Demographic Study on UniKLMIMET Student (Bachelor) on Mathematic Achievement. Marine Frontier. 2016.
- Monitoring of Barnacles Growth on the Underwater Hull of FRP Boat using Image Processing. 4th International Conferences on Computational Systems-Biology and Bioinformatics (CSBio 2013), Seoul, South Korea – 7-9 November 2013.
- Efficiency on Logistics System for Small Ports Development in East Region of Penisular Malaysia. A Quantitative Analysis. Statistical and Operational Research International Conference 2013 (SORIC 2013), 3-5 December 2013, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Basic of Numerical Computational using SCILAB Programming. 2nd International Conferences on Mathematical Applications in Engineering (ICMAE2012), International Islamic University Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, 2-3 July 2012.