Mrs Roslin Ramli received the Diploma of Engineering Technology in Ship Design and Bachelor of Engineering Technology (HONS.) in Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding from University Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET) Malaysia, in 2010 and 2017 respectively, and the Master of Civil Engineering (Sustaining of Floating Structure for Houseboat Using FRP) from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM). In 2010, she joined the Department Marine & Design Technology, UniKL MIMET as a Assistant Lecturer, in 2017 became a Lecturer. Programme Coordinator for Diploma of Engineering Technology in Ship Design (Jan 2016 – Jan 2020).
Mrs Roslin Ramli is an established lecturer teaching subjects related to Computer Aided Ship Design, CAD 2D, Introduction to Ship Technology, Naval Architecture, Ship Resistance and Propulsion and Marine Engineering System. Her current research intersets included ship floating dry docks, ship or boat design, structure behaviour in marine engineering, lifting operation by sub-block, materails (marine used) and fluid-structure interaction. She has published several papers in journals and international conferences. She has participated in a few projects under UniKL Short Term Research Grant (STRG) and MARA Research and Innovation Scheme Grant (SGPIM).
- Ship floating dry docks
- Ship or boat design,
- Structure behavior in marine engineering,
- Lifting operation by sub-block,
- Materials (marine used)
- Fluid-structure interaction.
- Ramli & A.F. Sobri.(2018)Design and analyses of a ship floating dry-dock. Engineering Applications for New Materials and Technologies. 291-298
- Ramli,N.M.Sabri & N.A.Zainon. (2018) 3D Design of a ship floating dry-dock by using simulation software. Engineering Applications for New Materials and Technologies. 299-312
- Ramli, R., & Mohd Hashim, M. H. (2017). Analysis of tensile strength of different combination of FRP material under seawater conditioning. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 12(17), 4320-4324.
- Nur ‘Aqilah binti Mohd Safri, Shazwanie Hamid, Roslin Ramli and Syajaraturnur Yaakup (2016).Design and Fabricate Prototype Of Mould System For Mild Steel Testing On High Pressure Die Cast (HPDC). MATC 2016, 8–12.
- I,Z,Mustaffa kamal, M.L.H. Abdul Hamid, Ramli (2010). The Application of a Tabular Method to Calculate Ships’ Intact Stability: Marine Frontier volume 1 (1) : p 51-60
- Design and Analyses Ship Floating Dry Dock. International Conference on Marine and Automotive Technology (ICMAT 2017), 15-17 Mar 2017.
- 3D Design Ship Floating Dry Dock by Using Simulation Software. International Conference on Marine and Automotive Technology (ICMAT 2017), 15-17 Mar 2017.
- Analysis of tensile strength of different combination of FRP material under seawater conditioning. 2016 2nd International Conference on Marine, Ocean and Environmental Sciences and Technologies (MAROCENET), 15-17 Mar 2016.
- Analysis Tensile Strength of Different combination material of FRP. Malaysian Research Conference and Innovation Exhibition (MRCIE 2015), 2-3 Dec 2015.
- Design of 3D Leisure boat model hull using SolidWork, Engineering Technology & Maritime Application (ETMA) 2014, 20 & 21 Oct 2014.
- Analysis different combinations of Fiber Reinforced (FRP) houseboat hull structure, International Postgraduate Seminar 2014, 25 & 26 June 2014.
- Design and analysis of FRP Made Floating Structure (Houseboat Hull Structure), International Postgraduate Seminar 2013, 25 & 26 June 2013.
- Development of Trimaran Warship Based on a Preliminary Design of Trimaran Hull Form and Superstructure. (Gold medal) Nov 2018
- Teaching aid: 3D model of Tugboat by using Inventor Software (Gold Medal) Nov 2018
- A prototype of general cargo midship section. (Silver Medal) May 2018
- The Study of Structural Analysis Behaviour When Lifting Operation by Sub-Block. Made in MIMET(MIM) Dec 2017. Silver Medal.
- A ship floating dry dock model. 2nd Advanced Innovation & Engineering Exhibition (AiNEX 2017) May 2017. Gold Medal.
- Study of analysis and designing 200m of floating dry dock. Made in MIMET (MIM) Jan 2017. Silver Medal.
- A Study of Bollard Pull Design for Offshore Industry. Made in MIMET (MIM) May 2016. Gold Medal.
- Design of Ship Floating Dry Dock by using Simulation Software. Made in MIMET (MIM) May 2016. Gold Medal.
- Analysis and design of 90m – 200m Floating Dry Dock, STR15120,2015, completed 2018
- Magnesium Alloy Defectology of AZ91HP on High-Pressure Die Cast and Influence on the Fatigue Behavior, SPGIM:/MARA/UNI:1/33/04/02/14 . 2016
- Computational Model Development of an Oscilating Water Column Device for Coast Area of Malaysia, SPGIM:/MARA/UNI:1/33/04/03/14 . 2016
- Design of 3D Leisure boat model hull using SolidWork, UNIKL/IRPS/STR12082. 2015
- The effectiveness of Computer Aided Design training among low and high spatial visualization abilities students, STR09014. 2011.
Other skills and expertise:
- Ms Office : Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook
- Software Bentley : Maxsuft Modeler, Maxsurf Stability and Maxsurf Structure
- Outcome-based learning, assessment and evaluation, and flipped classroom
- Basic: SolidWork, Rhinoceros 3D, Ansys (work bench) and ship flow
- Design a Structure for Ship Floating Dry Docks. 2018
- Design the piping system for Ship Floating Dry Docks. 2018
- An Analysis of Fibre Reinforced Polymer Bottom Shell Laminate. 2018
- Development of Trimaran Warship Based on a Preliminary Design of Trimaran Hull Form and Superstructure 2018
- Preliminary Design for RIB Boat. 2018
- The study structural behavior when lifting operation by sub block. 2017
- To analysis and design 150-250m of floating dry dock. 2017
- A study of bollard pull design estimation focusing on barge towing operations. 2016
- Design and analyze of ship floating dry dock. 2015
- Survey of initial design of hydrodynamic and hydrostatic hull (planing hull and displacement hull) . 2015
- Designing of 3D leisure boat Model Hull using Solidwork. 2015
- Preliminary design and structure for fast supply vessel (FSV) – Transonic Hull, 2014
- Design of tugboat piping system (fresh water, sea water & fire fighting piping system), 2014
- Designing of 3D leisure boat model hull using solid work, 2014
- Analyse Modern Shipyard Facilities System, 2014
- Conceptual design of a green houseboat for Kenyir Lake, 2012
- A prototype of general cargo midship section. 2018
- Teaching aid: 3D model of Tugboat by using Inventor Software 2018
- Design of prototype floating dry dock. 2017
- Design of ship floating dry dock by using simulation software. 2016
- Redesign aircraft carrier and prototype ni 3D design using inventor Auto desk. 2016
- Fabrication of bulk carrier ship. 2015
- Design and fabrication prototype of mould system for mild steel testing on high pressure die cast (HPDC). 2015
- Design and fabrication prototype of mould system for aluminium testing on high pressure die cast (HPDC). 2015
- To design and fabrication a prototype of planning and displacement hull. 2015
- Construction of the boat superstructure. 2013
- The construction of floor boat. 2013