Mohd Zaifulrizal Zainol
Mr. Mohd Zaifulrizal Zainol is a Lecturer with the Marine Electrical and Electronics Technology Section at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET), Malaysia.
He received the B.Eng. (Hons) degree in Electrical Engineering from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia and the M.Eng. degree in Electrical-Power from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM), Malaysia in 2008 and 2010, respectively.
He has been with UniKL MIMET since 2013. As a lecturer in UniKL-MIMET, main responsibilities and accountabilities are to play a vital role in nurturing, teaching and educating future engineer & technologist (i.e. students), active in research and development, continuous provide service to community and offer consultancy to external/internal organization. Currently, he is assigned as programme coordinator for diploma and Electro-Technical Officer programme to manage and coordinate all matters pertaining to this programme from Marine department. His research interests include Power Electronics & Drives, Power System, and Marine Electro-Technology.
Specific Research Interests
- Power Electronics
- Renewable Energy.
- Wireless Power Transfer System
- Ship Power System.
Specific Teaching Interest
- Power Electronics & Drives
- Marine Electro-Technology and Maintenance
- Ship Electrical Power System and Installation
- F. A. Aziz, N.A. Anuar, M. Z. Zainol, M.F.Romlie . Effect of Ferromagnetic Material in Circular Magnetic Structure for Electric Vehicle Wireless Power Transfer, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent and Advanced Systems (ICIAS2018), Kuala Lumpur, 2018.
- Z.Zainol, Ismail.N, I. Zainol, A.Abu, W. M.Dahalan , A Review On the Status of Tidal Energy Technology Worldwide, Science International Journal, ISSN 1013-5316, (3),675-680, 2017
- Z.Zainol, M.A.H A.Halim, M.R.M .Dahalan, F.I. A.Aziz , A. Othman and A. Abu Phasor Diagram Analysis for Non-salient Pole Synchronous Generator. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences ,ISSN 1819-6608, Volume 12, 2017
- Zainol, A.F. Ahmad Fuad, M.Z.Zainol, Nuraihan I., S.A.M. Adam and M.R. Zoolfakar Fuel Saving Analysis and Stability Assessments of Malaysian Offshore Fishing Vessels Fitted with Dual Fuel Diesel and Compressed Natural Gas. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences ,ISSN 1819-6608, Volume 7, 2017
- A.Zakaria, L.Ganesan., M.F.Ishak, M.A.Majid, A.Yaacob, K.N. Mokri, K.N.M.Hasan, M.Z.Zainol, M.S.Hanaffi. Development of Cost Effective Ultrasonic Testing Thickness Measurement Specimens and Basic Laboratory Guidelines for Unikl MIMET, ISSN 1819-6608, Volume 12, 2017
- Z.Zainol, M.A.H A.Halim, M.R.M .Dahalan, F.I. A.Aziz , A. Othman and A. Abu Phasor Diagram Analysis for Non-Salient Pole Synchronous Generator Regional Conference on Marine & Mechanical Engineering (REMME 16), Ipoh, 2016
- Mohd Zaifulrizal Zainol, Mohd Fakhizan Romlie, Muhammad Rusydi Abdul Jalil, Nor Zaihar Yahaya, “Design and Analysis of Contactless Battery Charger with Planar PCB Windings” IEEE International Conference on Intelligent and Advanced Systems (ICIAS2016), Kuala Lumpur, 2016.
- F. Romlie, K.Lau, M.Z.Zainol, M.F.Abdullah, R.Kannan. Performance of Inductive Coupled Power Transfer Versus the Coil Shape -Investigation using Finite Element Analysis Software , MATEC Web of Conferences , Volume 38 ISSN 2261-236X, 2016
- MF Ghani, MAH Ramli, RH Rozali, MZ Zainol, A Abu, AM Abdullah, SAM Adam. Programmable ON/OFF Control Scheme for Underwater Glider Depth Level Control System, International Conference on Telecommunication, Electronic & Computer Engineering (ICTEC 2015), 16-17 November 2015 at Mahkota Hotel Melaka.
- MZ Zainol, HNZ Rahim, W Dahalan, A Abu, MF Ghani Potential Area to Harness the Tidal Energy at West Coast Peninsular Malaysia, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 785, 637-641 ISSN: 1662-7482
- MZ Zainol, HNZ Rahim, W Dahalan, A Abu, MF Ghani , Potential Area to Harness the Tidal Energy at West Coast Peninsular Malaysia, presented in 9th IEEE International Conference on Power Energy (PEOCO) 2015, March 2015
- Zainol, S. Azua, N. Ismail and M.Z. Zainol, Dual Fuel Diesel And Compressed Natural Gas For Offshore Fishing Vessels, Proceeding of Engineering Technology & Marine Applications Conference Langkawi 20-21 October 2014
- N Ali, MZ Zainol, F.I.A Aziz, MA Yahya, MF Ghani, Efficient Photovoltaic Module Integrated With Automatic Cooling System Using PIC16f877A 3rd & 4th Marine Application & Technology Conference (MATC 2015) , Dec 2015 Published proceeding (ISBN no. 978-967-12634-1-9) pg. 197
- MZ Zainol, WNW Anuar, H.A. Hamid, N.M. Salih, MRM Dahalan Real Time Data Acquisition of Temperature Profile Monitoring System of Friction Stir Welded Aluminium Alloy Joint, 3rd & 4th Marine Application & Technology Conference (MATC 2015) , Dec 2015 Published proceeding (ISBN no. 978-967-12634-1-9) pg. 192.
- Z. Zainol, N. Abd Rahim, J.Selvaraj, Design and Analysis of Contactless Transformer Using Series Resonant Converter, Journal Electrical Review ( PRZEGLAD ELEKTROTECNICZNY), ISSN 0033-2097,R.89 NR 5/2013
- R.M Dahalan, N.M Sapari and M.Z.Zainol, Combination of event and response based strategy applied for adaptive under frequency load shedding algorithms for islanded distribution system, Proceeding of Engineering Technology & Marine Applications Conference Langkawi 20-21 October 2014
- The Tidal Energy Scenario at Malaysia Sea, International Conference on the Marine Environment of the Red Sea, Jeddah 10 – 13 November 2014
- A. Yahya and M.Z. Zainol, Analysis and Review of Portable Solar Power System for Fishing Boat, Proceeding of Engineering Technology and Maritime Application (ETMA 2014), Langkawi 20-21 October 2014
- Z. Zainol and A. Othman, The Development of Contactless Battery Charger using Planar PCB Windings, Engineering Technology and Maritime Application (ETMA 2014), Langkawi 20-21 October 2014
- Z. Zainol, A Loosely Winding Contactless Transformer with Series Resonant Converter, IEEE Conference on Clean Energy and Technology (CEAT 2013) Langkawi, 18 – 20 November 2013.
- Z. Zainol, N. Abd. Rahim, J. Selvaraj, Designing a Loosely Winding Contactless Transformer , Power and Energy Conversion Symposium (PECS 2012) Melaka, 17 Dec 2012
Chapter of book
- F.Romlie, L.Kevin, M.Z.Zainol , R.Kannan. Fundamental Study of Inductively Coupled Power Transfer for a Contactless Battery Charging of Electric Vehicle, Energy and Sustainability, Volume 1, Pages 133-148, UTP Press 2016/10/1
- A Fundamental Study on Magnetic Field Characteristics of Materials and Resonance Converters in an Inductive Contact-less Power Transfer, Fundamental Research Grants Scheme(FRGS). Oct2015 – July2018 –RM 78 030 (Ref: FRGS/1/2015/TK04/UTP/03/2).
- Electrical And Thermal Performance Evalution of Solar Photovoltaic/Thermal (PV/T) Air System, Principal Researcher, Oct 2014 – Oct 2016, Short Term Research Grant ( STRG)– RM 15 850
- Development of 1 KW Conctacless Power Transfer for Electric Vehicle Charging Application Using Resonant Converter and Inductive Concept, Principal Researcher, Jan 2015 – Jan 2016, Skim Geran Penyelidikan Dan Inovasi Mara (SGPIM) RM 40 00 (MARA/UNI:1/08/07/14(3))
- Service Restoration Via Simultaneous Optimum Network Reconfiguration and DG Sizing For Loss Minimization using Improved Meta-Hueristic methods. Co-Researcher Sept 2014 – Sept 2016 Short Term Research Grant ( STRG) – RM 12 200
- Monitoring performance & lifetime prediction of lithium- Ion battery using laboratory virtual instrument engineering workbench (LabVIEW), Co-Researcher , March 2014 – March 2016 Short Term Research Grant ( STRG) – RM 18 000
- The effect of welding properties based on the nozzle pattern for GMAW process, Co-Researcher , Apr 2014 – Apr 2016 Short Term Research Grant ( STRG) – RM 20 000
- Predicting the deposition geometry and welding parameter of FCAW for welding 1 & 2 positions bead on plate, , Co-Researcher , Apr 2014 – Apr 2016 Short Term Research Grant ( STRG) – RM 20 000.
Other Skills and Expertise
- Pedagogical skills in teaching – outcome-based learning, assessment and evaluation, microteaching.
- MS ISO 9001:2015 – awareness of the organisation’s processes including standards and guidelines relating to quality management systems and related supporting standards
|1)||Analysis and Design of a Matrix Converter for Marine Electric Propulsion.|
|2)||Contactless Inductive Charging of A Battery-Powered Ship|
|3)||Design of Single Phase 1kVA Dry Type Transformer for Nonlinear Load Operation|
|4)||A study of different PWM modulation techniques for three phase inverter|
|5)||Analysis of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) for Shipboard Equipment|
|1)||Modelling and Design of Converter for Wave Energy|
|2)||Pulse Width Modulation Technique of Voltage Source Inverter Using Fuzzy Logic Control|
|3)||Analysis of Single Phase Matrix Converter|
|4)||Study of AC-AC Matrix Converter with High Frequecy Power Charging for Electric Vehicle|
|5)||Analysis and Design Resonant Converter of Class E-Inverter for Loosely Inductive Coupled Contactless Power Transfer System|
|6)||Analysis of Converter for Wireless Power Transfer in Electric Vehicle Battery Charging system|
|7)||Pulse width Modulation Generation for High switching Inverter Using DSP TMS 320F28335|
|1)||Analysis of High Resonant Converter using Digital Signal Processor (TMS320f28335)|
|2)||Monitoring an Analysis of the Lifespan of Lithium Ion Battery through Labview.|
|3)||Analysis and Design Resonance Converter of Class-E Rectifier for Loosely Inductive Coupled Contacless Power Transfer System|
|4)||MATLAB Simulink Modelling of Single Phase Voltage Controlled Current Source Inverter|
|Analysis of Non-Salient Pole Syncronize Generator Using Phasor Diagram.|
|2)||Electrical And Thermal Performance Evaluation of Solar Photovoltaic/Thermal(PV/T) Air System|
|1)||Real-Time Data Acquisition of Temperature Profile Monitoring System of Friction Stir Welded Aluminium Alloy Joint|
|2)||Efficient Photovoltaic Module Intergrated with Automatic Cooling System Using Arduino|
|3)||The Tidal Energy Scenario at Malaysia Sea|
|1)||Design of Three Phase Voltage Source Inverter using Arduino|
|1)||Design and Fabricate Electrowaver|
|1)||Development of 3-D printer (X-Axis, Y-Axis, Z-Axis)|
|2)||Development Single Phase Mobile Distribution Box|
|3)||Development of Single Phase Wiring System Trainer Using 3×3 Plastic Casing with built in Fault.|
|1)||Contactless Battery Charger Using Planar PCB Windings|
|2)||Contactless Battery Charger for Remote Control Car|
|1)||Prototype for Portable Hydro Generator|