Mr Fauzuddin Ayob is a Senior Lecturer in the Marine Construction and Maintenance Technology Section at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology. He received a Master Degree in Materials Science and Engineering from the Muroran Institute of Technology, Japan. He has various working experiences upon joining Japanese and Western’s multinationals manufacturing companies and marine industries over 10 years in each industry as engineer, senior engineer, assistant manager and manager of engineering and quality assurance departments before joining UniKL MIMET in 2005 as senior lecturer.
Mr. Fauzuddin Ayob has a bachelor degree in Marine Engineering and a professional certificate (Marine Engineer certificate of competency) from the Indonesian Merchant Marine Academy in 1983. After a short sting at UTM as an assistant lecturer and upon working of 5 years as a marine engineer in a shipyard, he received a Japanse Monbusho scholarship to pursue his master degree study in Materials Scince and Enginnering at the Muroran Institute of Technology, Japan. He has completed his master degree study in 1992 and from that on has joining variuos Japanese and Western’s multinationals manufacturing companies and marine industries over 10 years in each industry as engineer, senior engineer, assistant manager and manager of engineering and quality assurance departments before joining UniKL MIMET in 2005 as senior lecturer. At UniKL MIMET he has perfomed a management duty as head of sections, programme and academic and as a deputy dean. He as been teaching varous courses related to shipbuilding and marine engineering. He poses certificates of Proficiency of TWI CSWIP 3.0 – Level 1 Visual Welding Inspector and CSWIP 3.1 – Level 2 Welding Inspector and he is an AMIM (Association of Marine Industry Malaysia) certified trainer on Hull Inspector/ Inspection Training for the shipyards personnel. He has been conducting numbers of professional training for the shipyards and UniKL MIMET students.
Mr. Fauzuddin Ayob is a lecturer and researcher in marine engineering and shipbuilding industry. He has been teaching many courses related to marine engineering and shipbuilding and has conducted various short courses in these areas. His research interest is in joining of materials especially of dissimilar metals by welding and specifically the diffusion welding. He is currently pursuing a PhD study by having a thesis on diffusion welding of marine grade steel to marine grade cast iron for ship application. He has attended and presented papers in number of conferences on the diffusion welding. He has published few papers.
SPECIFIC research interests
- Marine Engineering and Shipbuilding especially quality management
- Diffusion welding of dissimilar materials.
- Tadashi Momono, Fauzuddin Ayob, Hiroshi G. Katayama, Ichizo Sakura, Kunihiko Matsuo. : Diffusion Bonding of Cast iron to Steel under Atmospheric Pressure. Sap. 25-26, 1990, P. 72. Casting Science and Technology, The Japan Foundry men Society.(1990).
- Fauzuddin bin Ayob, Patthi bin Hussain, Aziz bin Abdullah and Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahim. : Preliminary Study on Diffusion Welding of Marine Grades Grey Cast Iron to Low Carbon Steel. Vol 12, No. 10. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. (2017).
- F Ayob, P Hussain, M Awan, M R Zoolfakar, A Abdullah, B A Baharudin, and A A Abdul Rahim. : Effect of post heat treatment on the microstructure and microhardness of diffusion coupled gray cast iron and low carbon steel. IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 328 01200. (2018).
Other skills and expertise
- Trainer for short courses related to shipbuilding.
- Possess professional certificates in marine engineering an welding