Dr. Wardiah Mohd Dahalan
Dr. Wardiah Mohd Dahalan received her B.Eng. (Hons) in Electrical & Electronics Engineering in 1996 from University of Dundee, UK and Master in Decision Science from Universiti Utara Malaysia.
She received PhD degree from the University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 2014. She is currently Senior Lecturer at Department of Marine Electrical and Electronics Engineering, University of Kuala lumpur (UniKL) and Head of Research and Innovation. Her research interests are renewable energy, reconfiguration area and optimization techniques. She is a member of IEEE, Rina-ImaRest and Malaysia Board of Technologist (MBOT).
Dr. Wardiah Mohd Dahalan is an established teacher and researcher in Renewable Energy and Metaheuristic method of Algorithms. Her research interests include power system, reconfiguration and optimization technique. She actively participated in a short term and long term research projects and also involve with industry collaborations.
Specific Research Interests
- Renewable Energy
- Optimization Technique
- Reconfiguration Area
- Minimum switching losses for solving distribution NR problem with distributed Generation, Ola Badran1 , Hazlie Mokhlis1, Saad Mekhilef1, Wardiah Dahalan2, Jafar Jallad1, doi: 10.1049/iet-gtd.2017.0595, ISSN 1751-8687, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution-2017.
- M.Dahalan, H. Mokhlis, Chapter 10: Simultaneous Network Reconfiguration and Sizing of Distributed Generation, 279 – 298-– Electric Distribution Network Planning, published by Springer –2018.
- M Dahalan, H. Mokhlis, Puteri Zarina Megat Khalid. Service Restoration Based On Simultaneous Network Reconfiguration And DG Sizing For Loss Minimization Using MGA -2018- Advanced Structured Materials (http://www.springer.com/series/8611)
- Ahmad Makarimi Abdullah, Nursyahida Izzati Zakaria, Khairul Arieff Abu Jalil, Norhafizah Othman, Dahalan W.M, Hisyam Hamid. Review of Control System for an Unmanned Underwater Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)(icmAT)-2018– Advanced Structured Materials (http://www.springer.com/series/8611)-Published.
- R. Zoolfakar1,a, Aminatul Hawa Yahaya1, F. A. Rahman1, M. D. Saifullah Manaf 1, Dahalan W.M1. Issues Faced By Fishermen on The Implementation of (Stcw-F 1995): Northern Region of Malaysia.-2018, IJSCM accepted.
- Mohklis, W.M.Dahalan, Saad Mekhilef, Jafar Jallad, Ola Badran Simultaneous Network Reconfiguration with Distributed Generation Sizing and Tap Changer Adjustment for Power Loss Reduction Using Imperialist Competitive Algorithm. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering No. AJSE- D-14-02745R3,Arab J Sci Eng, DOI 10.1007/s13369-017-2778-6-August 2017.
- Mohklis, W.M.Dahalan, Saad Mekhilef, Jafar Jallad, Ola Badran: Multi objective network reconfiguration with optimal DG output using Meta-Heuristic search algorithms. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. Ref: Ms No.AJSE-D 17-00792R2- 2017.
- Dahalan, W.M, Hazlie Mokhlis, Rohaya Ahmad, Abdul Halim Abu Bakar and Ismail Musirin, “Simultaneous network reconfiguration and DG using EP method”, (Early view) DOI: 10.1002/etep.1968 (ISI/ Cited Publication) International Transactions on Electrical Energy Systems, Publisher :Wiley Publishing
- Dahalan, W. M., Mokhlis, H., Ahmad, R., Bakar, A. A., & Musirin, I. (2014). Simultaneous Network Reconfiguration and DG Sizing Using Evolutionary Programming and Genetic Algorithm to Minimize Power Losses. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 39(7), 1-12.
- Jamian, J. J., Dahalan, W. M., Mokhlis, H., Mustafa, M. W., & Abdullah, M. N.(2014). Power Losses Reduction via Simultaneous Optimal Distributed Generation Sizing and Reconfiguration Using ABC Optimization– International Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology-korean
- Jamian, J. J., Lim, Z. J., Dahalan, W. M., Mokhlis, H., Mustafa, M. W., & Abdullah, M. N. (2012). Reconfiguration Distribution Network with Multiple Distributed Generation Operation Types Using Simplified Artificial Bees Colony. Journal of International Review of Electrical Engineering, 7(4).
- Dahalan, W. M., Mokhlis, H., Bakar, A. H. A., & Jamian, J. J. (2013). The simultaneous application of optimum network reconfiguration and distributed generation sizing using PSO for power loss reduction. Journal of Przegląd Elektrotechniczny, 89(4), 137-141.
- Dahalan, W.M & Mokhlis, H. B. (2010). Techniques of network reconfiguration for service restoration in shipboard power system: A review. Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, 4(11), 5556-5563
- Sulaima, M. F., Shidan, M. S., Dahalan, W. M., Mokhlis, H., Baharom, M. F., & Jaafar, H. I. (2014). 16 kv distribution network reconfiguration by using evolutionary programming (2014). International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 9 (10). pp. 1223-1238. ISSN 0973-4562.
- R. Zoolfakar,R.Norman, E.Mesbahi, W.M. Dahalan, A.G. Othman4, H.Mokhlis. “The Importance of Decision Making Technique in Preliminary Ship Design Phase”.
- R Zoolfakar,R.Normah.E.Mesbahi,W.M. Dahalan, M.K. Puteri Zarina. Holistic study of liquefied natural gas carrier systems (2014). “Scopus “Proceedia Computer Science, Science Direct- Elsevier, Vol (36) 440- 445”
- G. Inga, H. Mokhlis, J.J. Jamian, H.A. Illiasa, W.M. Dahalan, M.M. Amana. (2014). Simultaneous Network Reconfiguration with Distributed Generation Sizing and Tap Changer Adjustment for Power Loss Reduction Using Imperialist Competitive Algorithm. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering.
- Mohd Zaifulrizal Zainol, Haziatul Najihah Zana Rahim, W.M Dahalan, Atzroulnizam Abu, Muhamad Fadli Ghani and Ismail Zainol (2015). Potential
- Applied Mechanics and Materials Vol. 785 (2015) pp 637-641, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland.
- Napis, N. F., Sulaima, M. F., Kadir, A., Fazliana, A., Gan, C. K., Dahalan W.M, & Sulaiman, M. (2015, August). A Comprehensive Study of Improved Evolutionary Particle Swarm Optimization (IEPSO) for Network Reconfiguration with DGs Sizing Concurrently. In Applied Mechanics and Materials (Vol. 785, pp. 19-23). Trans Tech Publications.
- Optimal Reconfiguration of Distribution System Connected with Distributed Generations: A Review of Different Methodologies: Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 2016. Ms. Ref. No.: RSER-D-15-01752R3-published
- Optimum Dnr And Dg Sizing For Power Loss Reduction Using Improved Meta-Heuristic Methods. VOL. 11, NO. 20, OCTOBER 2016 ISSN 1819-6608 ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- K. Puteri Zarina, A. Yahaya, Dahalan W.M, MARITIME UNIVERSITY STUDENTS’ STRATEGIES FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF THEIR SPOKEN ENGLISH Conference name: 7th International Conference on Education and New Learning Technologies (2015).
- Dahalan, W. M., & Mokhlis, H. (2012, December). Network reconfiguration for loss reduction with distributed generations using PSO. In Power and Energy (PECon), 2012 IEEE International Conference on (pp. 823-828). IEEE.
- Dahalan,W.M Hazlie Mokhlis, “Optimum DG Sizing and Network Reconfiguration Simultaneously Based on Evolutionary Particle Swarm Optimization”. SEMINAR HASIL PENYELIDIKAN KE-3 (SHP-KPT2013) 2-3 July 2013.- -Current Research in Malaysia, KPT,
- Sulaima, M. F., Napis, N. F., Nor, M. K. M., Dahalan, W. M., & Mokhlis, H. (2014, March). DG sizing and DNR based on REPSO for power losses reduction. Power Engineering and Optimization Conference (PEOCO), 2014 IEEE 8th International(pp. 99-104). IEEE.
- Sulaima, M. F., Hazahsha, N., Shamsudin, H. I. J., Dahalan, W. M., & Mokhlis.H. ‘A DNR and DG Sizing Simultaneously by Using EPSO’ ISMS 2014 – 5th International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation.
- Binary Logistic Regression Model On Rebreather Fatal Accident Root Cause, Paper accepted for Engineering Technology & Marine Application (ETMA) Conference 2014.
- Service Restoration Via Simultaneous DNR And DG Sizing For Loss Reduction Using MGA, Paper accepted for Engineering Technology & Marine Application (ETMA) Conference 2014
- K. Puteri Zarina1, A. Yahaya, W. M. Dahalan, M. R. Zoolfakar, and A. G. Othman, Students’ Perception On The Effects Of Concept Mapping On Their Essay Writing Performance. “Marine Frontier Special Edition ETMA Conference 2014”
- A Study Of Dry Bulk Cargo Handling Towards Fishery Activities- Technology, Social Science & Humanities International Conference- TESSHI 2014
- Harvesting Wind Energy Through Wind Turbine Concept Integrated With Free Energy Flux Cutting and Gear Bearing System . ReMME 2016 W.M Dahalan, M. Haq Nuzul, A.M Abdullah
- Mohklis, W.M.Dahalan, Saad Mekhilef, Jafar Jallad, Ola Badran: Optimal Switching Sequence Path for Simultaneous Distribution Network Reconfiguration with Optimal DG Output http://www.evise.com/evise/faces/pages/navigation/NavController.jspx?JRNL_ACR=IJEPES -2016
- Technology and Innovation Symposium 2017 –UniKL MIMET- 14 June 2017
- Dahalan, W.M & Mokhlis. H, System Approach to Shipboard Electrical Power System Design for Naval Ship- MIMET AHOY -2 October 2009-Published
- Dahalan,W.M. Observation on Various Techniques of Network Reconfiguration.-Marine Frontier- 12 October 2010-Article 7.
- To Explore Circuit Reconfiguration Techniques for Minimizing Power Losses in a Distribution Network Connected with Distributed Generation, Principal Investigator(PI), 2011-2013, ERGS, National- area of research- Reviewer
- A Stochastic Optimization Approach to Aggregated Electric Vehicles Charging in Smart Grids” for ISGT14 ( Innovative Smart Grid Technologies ) by IEEE Power and Energy Society 2015.
- ‘A multi objective Fuzzy-ACO approach for simultaneous Reconfiguration, Multi-Custom Power and DG allocation in a Distribution System’.IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, 2015.
- ‘Case for Promoting LED lighting as Energy Management Tool through Correlation Analysis of Daily Electricity Demand and Supply Curve’. 3rd IET International Conference on Clean Energy and Technology 2014.
- Investigation on impact of improved PSO for Modern Distribution Network Reconfiguration System. : Mohamad Fani Sulaima; Aida Fazliana Abdul Kadir; J.J.Jamian; W. M Dahalan; Chin Kim Gan- Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing, 2013.
- A Genetic Algorithm Based Solution of the Network Reconfiguration Problem of Unbalanced Distribution System for Loss Reduction and Improved Power Quality. Institution of Engineering and Technology, IET-Generation , Transmmision and Distribution, 2016.
- The Ant Colony-Pollinated Flower Algorithm: A New Approach on Reactive Power Load Tracing for Deregulated Power System (PEOCO 2016)
- Strength Pareto Evolutionary Algorithm 2 for distribution network reconfiguration considering power losses and reliability. Institution of Engineering and Technology, IET-Generation , Transmmision and Distribution. 2016.
- TIJR-2017-1243 Genetic Algorithm based approach for optimal DG placement in distribution systems.- IETE Journal of Research-2017
- Chapter 1 Optimal Allocation of Automatic Reclosers in Large Power Distribution Networks- 2017.
Other Skills and Expertise
- Optimization Technique, Reconfiguration area.
- Application Software : PS-CAD, SPSS, MATLAB, E-Views, Microsoft Office.
Supervisor & Co Supervisor
- 1–Phd UM
- 1- Phd UiTM
- 1– Phd KUITTH
- 1- Master UniKL
- 1– Master UniKL
- FYP – 24 students (2016-2018)