Dr. Asmalina Mohamed Saat
Dr. Asmalina Mohamed Saat is a Senior Lecturer in the Technical Foundation Section at Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET), Universiti Kuala Lumpur. She received her PhD in Material Engineering from Universiti Malaya after completed her research related to chemical modification and nanocomposite in 2016.
Earlier she obtained her bachelor and master degree from University Science Malaysia in Mineral resources Engineering and Materials Engineering respectively. Dr Asmalina has published a numbers of journals and conference proceeding ranked in ISI and SCOPUS journal. She also has reviewed number of conference paper and journal publication.
Dr. Asmalina Mohamed Saat has experienced as teaching and doing research for both diploma and bachelor level in the field of engineering materials. She also responsible to teach fundamental engineering subject such as engineering science, materials engineering and strength of materials. She also taught practical subject such as composite fibreglass workshop and material characterization (destructive and non- destructive testing).
Her research interests are in polymer nanocomposite/composite coating that related to chemical modification, coating synthesis and interaction bonding coating including corrosion measurement to analysis coating performance. Her research expands on various coating types such as anticorrosion, antifouling, natural antifouling and fire retardant coating. The research conducted involves actual specimen immersion in seawater and characterize for further discussion, suggestion, improvement and optimization. She also familiar in various material characterization method for mechanical analysis (tensile, flexural, hardness, impact), optical analysis (UV Visible, Photoluminescence), thermal analysis (thermogravimetric analysis, differential scanning calorimetry, structural analysis (FTIR, Raman, XRD) and morphology analysis (FESEM,SEM,optical microscope). Her research is strengthening with the knowledge on analysis apparatus such as Originlab, Matlab and respective equipment software.
Specific Research Interests
- Material characterization and optimization (mechanical analysis, thermal analysis, structural analysis, optical analysis and morphology analysis)
- Polymer nanocomposite (coating synthesis, interaction bonding, coating and corrosion measurement)
- Composite (Composite fibre and nature fibre, fire retardant, mechanical testing, morphological analysis, thermal, optical and structural characterization)
- Asmawi Ismail, Patthi Hussain, Mazli Mustapha, Muhd Fadhil Nuruddin, Asmalina Md Saat, Aziz Abdullah, Abdul Aziz Abd Rahim and Sébastien Chevalier. “Fe-Al Diffusion Bonding: Effect of Reaction Time on The Interlayer Thickness.” Journal of Mechanical Engineering, Vol SI 5(1), 80-91, 2018
- Asmalina Mohamed Saat and Mohd Rafie Johan, “Enhanced Thermal and Structural Properties of Partially Phosphorylated Polyvinyl Alcohol – Aluminum Phosphate (PPVA-AlPO4) Nanocomposites With Aluminium Nitrate Source”. AIP Conference 1901 Issue 1, December 04, pp 130011-1 – 130011-8. 2017
- Asmalina Mohamed Saat, Asmawi Abd Malik, Adila Azmi, Mohamad Fadzil Abd Latif, Nur Ermadiana Ramlee and Mohd Rafie Johan, “ Effect of Aluminum Phosphate on mechanical and flame retardant properties of composites fiberglass”.ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Vol 12, No.4, 1237-1240, 2017.
- Asmalina Mohamed Saat, Asmawi Abd Malik, Adila Azmi, Mohamad Fadzil Abd Latif, Nur Ermadiana Ramlee and Mohd Rafie Johan, “Effect of Aluminum Phosphate on structural and flame retardant properties of composites fiberglass”.ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Vol 12, No.4, 1315-1318, 2017.
- Asmawi A. M. , Syarmela Allauldin , Nurshahnawal Yaacob , Asmalina Saat , Azura Ahmad Radzi1 , Mohd Zamani Ahmad2 and Ahmad Faizal Ahmad Fuad. “THE EFFECT OF N550 CARBON BLACK IN POLYESTER RESIN FOR FIRE-RETARDANT APPLICATION IN MARINE COMPOSITE.” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Vol 12, No.4, 1304-1308, 2017.
- Nurshahnawal Yaacob , Asmawi A. M. , Asmalina Saat , Ahmad Faizal Ahmad Fuad , Mohd Zamani Ahmad and Azura Ahmad Radzi. “CARBONIZATION CBN550 EFFECT ON TENSILE PROPERTIES OF COMPOSITE FOR MARINE STRUCTURE APPLICATION.” ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. Vol 12, No.4, 1319-1323, 2017.
- M. Saat, M. R. Johan, “Effect of Aluminum Source on the Structural and Thermal Properties of Partially Phosphorylated Polyvinyl Alcohol Composite (PPVA) – Aluminum Phosphate (PPVA-AlPO4) Nanocomposite”, Key Engineering Materials, Vol. 701, pp. 291-294, 2016.
- Asmalina Mohamed Saat and Mohd Rafie Johan, “Effect of Phosphoric Acid Concentration on the Optical Properties of Partially Phosphorylated PVA Complexes,” International Journal of Polymer Science, 2014, Article ID 495875, 8 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/495875
- Asmalina Mohamed Saat and Mohd Rafie Johan, “The Surface Structure and Thermal Properties of Novel Polymer Composite Films Based on Partially Phosphorylated Poly(vinyl alcohol) with Aluminum Phosphate,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2014, Article ID 439839, 7 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/439839
- A. M. Saat, N. A. Latiff, S. Yaakup, and M. R. Johan, Synthesis and characterisation of composite partially phosphorylated polyvinyl alcohol–aluminium phosphate as protective coating, Materials Research Innovations 2014 18:S6 , S6-310-S6-313. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1179/1432891714Z.000000000974
- Mazlin binti Marzenan PhD in Mechanical Engineering. (Sep 2016-present) “Hybrid composite fiberglass structure embedded with Aluminium Phosphate as new fire retardant.”. Main Supervisor.
- Abdul Munaim. PhD in Mechanical Engineering. (Nov 2016-present) “Kapok Hybrid fibreglass Composites for Marine Application.”. Main Supervisor.
- Asmawi Bin Ismail. PhD in Mechanical Engineering. (Dec 2016-present) “Joining of Dissimilar Materials by Diffusion Bonding (Marine Grade Structural Aluminum and Structural Steel)”. Universiti Teknology Petronas (UTP). External Co- Supervisor
- Zaimi Zainal Mukhtar. PhD in Mechanical Engineering. (Jan 2017-present) Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT). External Co-Supervisor
- Muhammad Durrani Bin Mad Isa (2017-2018) “ Properties of Antifouling paint on mild steel surface with different immersion orientation.”
- Muhammad Irfan Bin Sabri (2017-2018). “Performance of antifouling coating with different antibacteria on composite fiberglass surface.”
- Muhammad Aslam bin Mohd Hata (2017-2018) “Properties of phosphate type fire retardant coating on composite fiberglass surface.”
- Abd Latiff Bin Mohd Zaini (2016-2017) “Study on mechanical and fire retardant properties of Hybrid Multilayer composite fiberglass with aluminum phosphate.”
- Muhamad Farhan bin Shabri (2016-2017) “Study on the effect of thermal aging on the mechanical properties of hybrid multilayer composite fibre with various core structure above 9mm”
- Harith Bin Johari (2016-2017) “ Effect of thermal aging on the mechanical properties of hybrid multilayer composite with vaarious core structure.”
- Adila Binti Azmi (2015-2016) “Effect of AlPO4 on mechanicals and flame retardant properties of fiberglass boat materials.”
- Nur Ermadiana Binti Ramlee (2015-2016) “Effect of Aluminium Phosphate (AlPO4) on Structural and Flame Retardant Properties of Fiberglass Boat Materials”
- Mohd Fadzil bin Abd Latiff (2015-2016) “Effect of aluminum phosphate on the thermal and flame retardant properties of fiberglass boat materials.”
- Nuralina Binti Abd Latiff (2012) “Corrosion studies of composite Poly(vinyl Phosphate)-Aluminum Phosphate (PVAPO-AlPO4) as a protective coating on steel for marine application.”
- Anis Abdul Rahman,Yasmin Binti Salim,Muhammad Syahmi bin Rizan (2016) “Corrosion monitoring for submarine and ship structure. A preliminary study in relation of different level of depth.”