Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mohd Yuzri Mohd Yusop
DEAN/ HEAD OF CAMPUS
Graduated with PhD and B.Eng. both in Mechanical Engineering from Cardiff University, UK. Am currently serving as the Dean/Head of Campus, UniKL MIMET. Had previously served as Deputy Dean from 2009-2013 and again from 2016-2017.
Had also served as Deputy Dean Student Development and Campus Lifestyle from 2013-2016. Am recently appointed as an auditor for Engineering Technology Accreditation Council (ETAC) under the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
Am actively teaching Strength of Materials course and am currently involved in research areas of mechanical suspensions for small high speed crafts and e-Learning.
Specific Research Interests
- Engineering Science
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fluid Power & Pneumatics
- Hydraulic Machines
- Mechanics of Materials
- Computational Fluid Mechanics
- Pneumatics and Hydraulics
- Materials and Material Mechanics
- Energy-Saving in Pneumatic Actuation using the Gas Law Prediction – Power Transmission and Motion Control (PTMC) 2003 Conference, Bath University, United Kingdom.[ISBN 978-1-86058-414-5]
- Energy-Saving in Pneumatics – Malaysian Research Group (MRG) 2003 Conference, Manchester, United Kingdom.
- Time Domain Simulation of Air Transmission Lines – 8th International Symposium on Fluid Control, Measurement and Visualization 2005, Chengdu, China.
- Effect of Ta Substitution on Formation and Superconductivity of TlSr1212 Ceramics – 1st International Conference on Fundamental and Applied Sciences (ICFAS2010)[ISBN 978-983-2271-19-2]
- Multi Point Injection Natural Gas Engines – Natural Gas, Sciyo, February 2010[ISBN 978-953-7619-X-X]
- Time-Domain Simulation of Pneumatic Transmission Line – UniKL Research Journal (October 2010)
- Numerical Solution for Ordinary Differential Equations (ODE) using Classic Iterative Method and SCILAB – AKEPT’S 1ST Annual Young Researchers International Conference and Exhibition (December 2011)
- Basic Numerical Computing using SCILAB – Journal of Mathematics and System Science, 2013 [ISSN 2159-5291]
- Design and Fabrication of Silicon Rubber Mould (SRM) – International Journal of Mechanical Engineering (IJME), 2013 [ISSN 2319-2240]
- Mechanical Properties of Activated Carbon (AC) Coconut Shell Reinforced Polypropylene Composites Encapsulated with Epoxy Resin – 5th International Conference on Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering, (ICBEE 2013)
- Mechanical Properties Of Activated Carbon Coir Fibers Reinforced with Epoxy Resin, Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Sciences (JMES), 2013 [ISSN 2289-4659]
- Monitoring of Barnacle Growth on the Underwater Hull of an FRP Boat using Image Processing, 4th International Conference on Computational Systems-Biology and Bioinformatics, (CSBio2013)
- Energy Saving for Pneumatic Actuation using Dynamic Model Prediction, UMI Dissertation Publishing, ProQuest LLC, 2013
- A Comparative Study on Manufacturing and Properties of Syntactic Foams – Journal of Materials and Design, 2014
- Quality Environment 5S (QE/5S) Implementation in UniKL MIMET Residential Colleges – UniKL SDCL Symposium, 2015
- New UniKL Residential College Infrastructure Standard – UniKL SDCL Symposium, 2015
- Driving Innovation: The Future of Computer Modelling and Simulation in Engineering – UniKL Xpress Bulletin, June 2017.
- InMotion – Integrating PANOPTO into MOODLE to Enhance e-Learning – UniKL Xpress Bulletin, December 2017.
- Impact of Visual Learning Environment (VLE): A Case Study on Students Academic Performance by Subject – International Journal on E-Learning and Higher Education, UiTM Press, Vol.9, June 2018, ISSN 1985-8620.
Slamming Impact Effects and Cost-Effective Absorption Methods for Small High-Speed Crafts – Joint PhD supervision with UTM.