Assoc. Prof. Dr. Md Redzuan Zoolfakar
Dr Md Redzuan Zoolfakar started his career as a marine engineer with Malaysia International Shipping Cooperation (MISC) after pursuing a Certificate of Competency (COC) in 1994. Searching knowledge always will be the main desired of Redzuan. Since diploma in marine engineering, he continues his bachelor in business admiration before obtaining an MSc in thermal power and fluid engineering from the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology (UMIST), UK. The climax of his educational background is a PhD in marine engineering from Newcastle University. However, it does not stop there. A series of certificates from across the globe showed his hunger for knowledge. As an academician and practitioner, research cannot be separated from his life. He has been involved in many areas of research, including securing internal and external grants. His interested areas, include: LNG carrier optimization, ballast and bilge system, fuel monitoring system, marine education system and other. Currently he is also the Head of Marine Technology Research cluster.
Dr Md Redzuan Zoolfakar is an Assoc. Prof in the Marine Engineering Technology Section at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian. He received a PhD in Marine Engineering from the University of Newcastle and worked as a seaman, before he joined UniKL in 2004. Assoc. Prof. has published a number of papers in books, journals and conferences and filed a patent.
- LNG carrier optimization,
- STCW & STCW-F,
- Ballast and bilge system,
- Fuel monitoring system,
- Marine education system and other
- R. Zoolfakar, A.H. Yahaya, F. A. Rahman, M. D.S.Manaf , W.M. Dahalan, 2018, “An Issues Faced by Fishermen on the Implementation of (STCW-F 1995): Northern Region of Malaysia”, International Journal of Supply Chain Management (IJSCM), ISSN: 2050-7399 (Online), 2051-3771 (Print), Vol 7, No 4, Pg 296-305
- F Ayob, P Hussain, M Awang, M.R Zoolfakar, A Abdullah, B A Baharudin, A A Abdul Rahim, 2018, “Effect of post heat treatment on the microstructure and microhardness of diffusion coupled gray cast iron and low carbon steel”, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 328 012001
Other skills and expertise:
- Ismila Che Ishak, PhD, Organizational Crises Preparedness Towards Oil Spill.
- Muhd Dauud Saifullah bin Abd Manaf, Master, The Implementation Of Standards Of Training, Certification And Watchkeeping For Fishing Vessels (STCW-F) In Malaysian Fishing Industry.