Abdul Aziz b. Abdul Rahim
Mr Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahim is a Senior Specialist in the Technical Foundation Section at Universiti Kuala Lumpur Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET).
He received a bachelor degree in petroleum engineering from the Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in 1985 and worked as project engineer and project manager in oil and gas sector, before joined educational institution franchised programme with Liverpool John Moore’s University as lecturer later promoted to director of academic.
He joined Universiti Kuala Lumpur in 2007 as Specialist. He is actively involved in entrepreneurship and consultancy programme and has successful developed and delivered modules related to hydraulic, pneumatic, pump and valve installation and maintenance for industrial clients.
Mr. Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahim is an established teacher in fluid mechanics, hydraulics and pneumatics, statics as well as dynamics. His research interests include diffusion welding for dissimilar metals particularly marine grade structural steel and aluminium, cast steel and cast iron. He also has been actively involved in research group under material and advanced material cluster, since 2009 and has participated in research activities as principal as well as, co-researcher for revival lead acid battery, dissimilar metal diffusion welding, and diffusion welding for cast iron/cast steel and hull design for AUV.
Specific Research Interests
- Hydraulic and Pneumatic
- Fluid Mechanics
- Diffusion Bonding
- Fauzuddin bin Ayob, Patthi bin Hussain, Aziz bin Abdullah and Abdul Aziz bin Abdul Rahim. : Preliminary Study on Diffusion Welding of Marine Grades Grey Cast Iron to Low Carbon Steel. Vol 12, No. 10. ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences. (2017).
- F Ayob, P Hussain, M Awan, M R Zoolfakar, A Abdullah, B A Baharudin, and A A Abdul Rahim. : Effect of post heat treatment on the microstructure and microhardness of diffusion coupled gray cast iron and low carbon steel. IOP Conf. Ser.: Mater. Sci. Eng. 328 01200. (2018).
- Fauzuddin Ayob, Abdul Aziz Abdul Rahim and Syajaratunnur Yaakup, Diffusion Bonding of Nickel to Iron and Steels to Examine The Influences of The Process Parameters and Carbon Contents on Joints Mechanical and Metallurgical Properties, Marine Frontier@Unikl, Mimet’s Technical Bulletin Volume 6 Edition 2 (2015).
- Abdul Aziz Abdul Rahim, Aziz Abdullah, Fauzuddin Ayub, Asmawi Ismail, Syajaratunnur Yaakup, Midzfar Abdurakman. Effect of Vacuum Condition on Sheart Test Result for Diffusion Bonding Specimen of Marine Grade Structural 5083 Aluminium and ASTM A36 Steel, Marine Frontier@Unikl, Mimet’s Technical Bulletin Volume 8 Edition 1 (2017).
- Asmawi Ismail, Patthi Hussain, Mazli Mustapha, Muhd Fadhil Nuruddin, Asmalina Md Saat, Aziz Abdullah, Abdul Aziz Abd Rahim, Sébastien Chevalier: Fe-Al Diffusion Bonding: Effect of Reaction Time on The Interlayer Thickness ; Journal of Mechanical Engineering Vol SI 5(1), 80-91, (2018)
Other Skills and Expertise
- Competency in LPG and LNG Gas Pipeline Supervision
- TOT IMO Model Course 3.12
- TOT IMO Model Course 6.09
Supervised Final Year Projects for Diploma and Degree students for various programmes namely Ship Design, Ship Construction and Maintenance and Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding since 2007.