This course is to provide participants with the principles and theories required in maritime transport operations to enable them to effectively manage a shipping organization that operates in a global environment. These include among others the understanding of the shipping market, types of cargo, types of shipping operations, shipping regulations and the political aspects in maritime transport operations. The knowledge imparted to participants will give them the basic understanding required in order to be involved in maritime transport business operations.
At the end of the session, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of maritime transport to economic and national development.
- Describe the organization and manning of ships and their cargoes and compare the operations of liners, tramps and specialized vessels.
- Examine the various type of Bill of Loading and identify the usage of each type.
- Describe the economic principles of maritime trade and compare the various types of charter party.
- Explain the concepts used in the political aspect of maritime transport operations, identify the present and future development in maritime transport.
- Shipyard personnel involved in shipbuilding activities
- Marine support services
- Port operators
- Classification societies personnel
- Fiberglass technology
- Fresh graduates
- Workshop & laboratory
Phone (O) : +605-6909061/ +605-6909115
Phone (M) : +60-125912759 (An Zawawi) / +60-195953700 (Anuar)
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org