This module is meant to expose trainees to the basic knowledge and understanding of Port and the basic rationale of port planning. The course introduces students to the basic understanding required in order to be involved in the maritime business.
At the end of the session, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the effects of globalization on port choice and how changes in logistics and distribution patterns influence the development or decline of ports.
- Describe the reasons for port location and the extent to which this may depend on the nature of their hinterland and natural resources.
- Analyze the basic rationale of port planning
- Understand the integration of port charges with charges of other port operators and inland transport organizations and through transport charges
- Understand the principles behind port layout, physical constraints, terminal planning, specialized terminals, multipurpose terminals and support operations
- Shipyard personnel involved in shipbuilding activities
- Marine support services
- Port operators
- Classification societies personnel
- Fiberglass technology
- Fresh graduates
- Workshop & laboratory
Phone (O) : +605-6909061/ +605-6909115
Phone (M) : +60-125912759 (An Zawawi) / +60-195953700 (Anuar)
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org