The Diploma of Engineering Technology in Ship Design (DSD) enables the students to grasp the fundamental principles of Ship and Boat Design; the ability to work and communicate with boat/ship designers, draftsman and tradesmen; marine propulsion systems use of one or more marine Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) systems; linking modern ship design with efficient manufacturing processes; knowledge of traditional and current shipbuilding materials and the various construction techniques across the ship industry.
January and July
- Pass in SPM/SPMV with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one (1) science/technical/vocational subject; and at least pass in English; OR
- Pass in O-Level with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one (1) science/technical/vocational subject and three other subjects and at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in Engineering/Engineering Technology Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant or equivalent field from accredited PPT with a minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Pass in Vocational and Technical Skills Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant field with CGPA 2.0 AND obtained at least one credit at SPM level with one-year experience in the relevant field or at least one semester bridging programme.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce:
- Graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry.
- Graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- Graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Graduates who are practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- Graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, our students of Diploma of Engineering Technology in Ship Design – DSD will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices.
- Analyze well-defined engineering problems.
- Formulate solutions for well-defined technical problems
- Conduct investigations of well-defined problems
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
- Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices, and entrepreneurship.
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and life-long learning.
- Assists in the formulation of systems, component or processors to meet specified needs
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
Dataran Industri Teknologi Kejuruteraan Marin,
Bandar Teknologi Maritim,
Jalan Pantai Remis,
Perak Darul Ridzuan,
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
- Sharadham bin Sapie +6019-522 0789 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ahmad Mustafid bin Dahalan +6017-302 5361 (email@example.com)
- Mohd Firdaus bin Mohd Aziad +6019-496 6040 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marhaini binti Jamaluddin +6010-931 4012 (email@example.com)
General line: +605-690 9000 / 9014
Fax: +605-690 9091 / 9033