The Diploma of Engineering Technology in Ship Design (DSD) enables the students to grasp the fundamental principles of Ship and Boat Design; the ability to work and communicate with boat/ship designers, draftsman and tradesmen; marine propulsion systems use of one or more marine Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) systems; linking modern ship design with efficient manufacturing processes; knowledge of traditional and current shipbuilding materials and the various construction techniques across the ship industry.
January and July
- Pass in SPM/SPMV with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one (1) science/technical/vocational subject; and at least pass in English; OR
- Pass in O-Level with at least 3 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one (1) science/technical/vocational subject and three other subjects and at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in Engineering/Engineering Technology Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant or equivalent field from accredited PPT with a minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Pass in Vocational and Technical Skills Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant field with CGPA 2.0 AND obtained at least one credit at SPM level with one-year experience in the relevant field or at least one semester bridging programme.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce:
- Graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry.
- Graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- Graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Graduates who are practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- Graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, our students of Diploma of Engineering Technology in Ship Design – DSD will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices.
- Analyze well-defined engineering problems.
- Formulate solutions for well-defined technical problems
- Conduct investigations of well-defined problems
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
- Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices, and entrepreneurship.
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and life-long learning.
- Assists in the formulation of systems, component or processors to meet specified needs
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
- Sharadham bin Sapie +6019-522 0789 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ahmad Mustafid bin Dahalan +6017-302 5361 (email@example.com)
- Mohd Firdaus bin Mohd Aziad +6019-496 6040 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
General line: +605-690 9000 / 9014
Fax: +605-690 9091 / 9033