UniKL MIMET plays important role in capacity building and linkages in providing the trained work force to meet the ever increasing demand of highly skilled human capital in this sector. The marine transport products are not mutually exclusive; the electrical and electronic fields are synonymous particularly in marine vessels and offshore structure application. The electrical and electronic sectors will continue to grow and contribute significantly to the development of the related equipment and systems. It will provide thrusts in the electronic components manufacturing industry which will transform into the production of electrical and electronic products. It is foreseen that the requirement of the training and the generation of skilled human capital in the fields of marine electrical and electronic is very prospective.
January and July
- Marine Electronics Technician
- Deck Electrician (Marine)
- Power Plant Operator
- Plant Maintenance
- Maintenance Technician
- Oceanographic Electronics Technician
- Electro-Technical Officer (ETO)
- Pass in SPM/SPMV with at least 5 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) in the following subjects:
Bahasa Melayu, Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and 2 other subjects; and at least pass in English; OR
- Pass in O-Level with at least 5 credits (minimum Grade C and higher) including Mathematics, one science /technical/vocational subject and three other subjects and at least a pass in English; OR
- Pass in Engineering/Engineering Technology Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant or equivalent field from accredited PPT with a minimum CGPA 2.0; OR
- Pass in Vocational and Technical Skills Certificate (Level 3, KKM) in the relevant field with CGPA 2.0 ANDobtained at least one credit at SPM level with one-year experience in the relevant field or at least one semester bridging programme.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce:
- Graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry.
- Graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- Graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Graduates who are practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- Graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, our students of Diploma of Engineering Technology in Electrical and Electronics (Marine) – DEEM will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices.
- Analyze well-defined engineering problems.
- Formulate solutions for well-defined technical problems
- Conduct investigations of well-defined problems
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to well-defined engineering activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
- Function effectively in a diverse technical team.
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large.
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices, and entrepreneurship.
- Recognize the need for professional development and to engage in independent and life-long learning.
- Assists in the formulation of systems, component or processors to meet specified needs
*Religious Practice in Malaysia : For International and Local Non Muslim Student
Our Diploma of Engineering Technology in Electrical and Electronics (Marine) is embedded with model course 7.08 Electro Technical Officer (ETO). Its has been accredited by Marine Department of Malaysia (MARDEP). UniKL MIMET has the necessary training facilities, equipment, machines and experienced instructors to conduct the ETO Course 7.08 to meet all the standard requirements based on the International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) Code by International Maritime Organization (IMO).
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
- Sharadham bin Sapie +6019-522 0789 (email@example.com)
- Ahmad Mustafid bin Dahalan +6017-302 5361 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mohd Firdaus bin Mohd Aziad +6019-496 6040 (email@example.com)
General line: +605-690 9000 / 9014
Fax: +605-690 9091 / 9033