This module is meant to provide participants with the knowledge on cargo handling system that covers cargo distribution, cargo handling, unitized cargo, liquefied gases, dangerous goods as well as latest development and trends on containers, bulk and liquid cargo transportation. Participants will also be exposed to the methods of determination of load stress and safe working load with regard to lifting gears onboard cargo ships.
At the end of the session, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the principles of cargo stowage.
- Apply the cargo handling procedures and stowage principles for ship’s cargoes.
- Plan appropriate cargo separation and ventilation methods.
- Explain the utility of appropriate cargo handling gears and machine handling equipment (MHE).
- Distinguish various types of cargo and their carrying units
- Determine load stress and safe working load for lifting gears
- Shipyard personnel involved in shipbuilding activities
- Marine support services
- Port operators
- Classification societies personnel
- Fiberglass technology
- Fresh graduates
- Workshop & laboratory
Phone (O) : +605-6909061/ +605-6909115
Phone (M) : +60-125912759 (An Zawawi) / +60-195953700 (Anuar)
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org