Realizing that the maritime sector has a broad scope that covers areas such as maritime transport, logistics, offshore industry and their supporting services; the institute has taken the initiative to develop a Bachelor of Maritime Operations (Hons.) programme with the support of industry experts representing government maritime law enforcement agency, shipping, seaport as well as shipbuilding and ship repair industries.
- Ship’s Officer Maritime
- Coordinator Freight Services
- Logistic Coordinator
- Maritime Cargo Analyst
- Sales Operation Supervisor
- Procurement Specialist
- Maritime Enforcement Officer
- Marine Coordinator (Vessel & Floater)
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C (2.00) in two (2) subjects; OR
- Pass in Matriculation / Foundation in any IPTA / IPTS / Permitted Institution to conduct foundation programmes with CGPA 2.00; OR
- Pass Diploma in related disciplines with CGPA 2.00; OR
- Pass Advanced Diploma in related disciplines with CGPA 2.00; OR
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with minimum grade of Jayyid or its equivalent; OR
- Pass in A-Level with minimum Grade D in two (2) subjects; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass Higher National Diploma (HND) UK (MQF Level 4) in related area and recognized government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate; OR
- Pass Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM) / Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM) / Diploma Vokasional Malaysia (DVM) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 subject to the approval of the Senate / Academic Board of the relevant institution; OR
- Pass the DKM/DLKM/DVM with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 AND have at least two (2) years of work experience in the related field; OR
- Others recognized qualifications or its equivalent.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce:
PEO 1: UniKL graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine-related industry.
PEO 2: UniKL graduates who have effective leadership and teamwork skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in the industry.
PEO 3: UniKL graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
PEO 4: UniKL graduates who are practice professionalism in ethics and social responsibility.
PEO 5: UniKL graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, our students of Bachelor of Maritime Operations (Hons.) – BMO will be able to:
PLO 1: Apply knowledge of basic ocean science, nautical science and management fundamentals in maritime activities.
PLO 2: Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and application of management operation principles and state of the art maritime technology tools.
PLO 3: Solve problems through the integration of knowledge of mathematics, ocean science, ship technology, information and communication technology (ICT) and management science.
PLO 4: Demonstrate the ability to utilise a systems approach in evaluating operational performance.
PLO 5: Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern management tools, including prediction and modelling, to broadly define operational activities in the maritime sector.
PLO 6: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams
PLO 7: Communicate effectively on broadly defined maritime activities with the maritime community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive instructions.
PLO 8: Demonstrate an understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities and norms of the practices in the maritime industry.
PLO 9: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of maritime industry practices.
PLO 10: Understand the impact of maritime industrial activities in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and the need for sustainable development.
PLO 11: Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies.
PLO 12: Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
*Pengajian Malaysia III: For International Student
*Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi II: For International Student
*Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia: For International and Local Non-Muslim Student
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Kampus Cawangan Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
Dataran Industri Teknologi Kejuruteraan Marin
Bandar Teknologi Maritim
Jalan Pantai Remis
Perak Darul Ridzuan
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA):
- Ahmad Mustafid bin Dahalan +6017-302 5361 (email@example.com)
- Mohd Firdaus bin Mohd Aziad +6019-496 6040 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marhaini binti Jamaluddin +6010-931 4012 (email@example.com)
Head of Section – Centre of Advancement and Continuing Education (ACE):
- An Zawawi bin Hamizan +6012-591 2759 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
General line: +605-690 9000 / 9155
Fax: +605-690 9091