The pioneer batch students of the current Diploma programs (DET in Ship Design and DET in Ship Construction and Maintenance) had graduated in June 2007. It is expected that some will take up employment in the industries and some who attain good grades will have the opportunity to continue their study to a higher level. A Bachelor degree program of combined specializations is being planned to cater the requirement of these prospective students. The Government of Malaysia seeks to strengthen the capacity and the capability of the shipbuilding and repair sector under the Third Industrial Master Plan (IMP3) from 2006 to 2020. This is necessary as to reduce the outflow of capital for the acquisition of marine transport products, especially ships. The push to the shipbuilding and repair sector is amongst the strategic thrusts for the long-term growth and viability of the marine transport sector. In order to support and materialize the national industrial perspective in the marine transportation sector, sufficient number of professionals in the combined fields of specializations (naval architecture and shipbuilding) and others are necessary to be produced. Also, in line with the vision of UniKL it is timely for the university to train and develop technical entrepreneurs in the combined specializations of Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding to be able to participate in the relevant activities of the marine industries.
January and September
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) Engineering/Engineering Technology recognized or equivalent with CGPA 2.0; OR
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) in fields of vocational, technical/skills in relevant fields and recognized with CGPA 2.0 and at least a pass in English at SPM; OR
- Pass in UniKL Foundation in Science & Technology with minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and one science subject and at least pass in English at SPM;
- Applicant is required to achieve Band 2 of MUET.
- Other recognized equivalent qualifications by Malaysian Government.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce:
- Graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry.
- Graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- Graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Graduates who are practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- Graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, our students of Bachelor of Naval Architecture and Ship Building with Honors – BNASB will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and a marine technology engineering specialization to wide practical procedures and practices in marine related activities.
- Identify and solve broadly-defined engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to the marine related fields.
- Design solutions for broadly-defined technical problems and assist with the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified need with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations in marine related activities.
- Conduct investigations of broadly-defined marine related problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to broadly-defined marine related activities, with an awareness of the limitations.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively on broadly-defined marine related activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practices.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in industrial and marine societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
a. Fundamental English
b. Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia (TITAS) /Pengajian Malaysia 3*
c. Professional English 1
e. Engineering Mathematics 1
i. Ship and Engineering Drawings
ii. Engineering Science
*Pengajian Malaysia 3 – For International Student
a. Mandarin 1 / Arabic Language 1
b. Occupational Safety and Health
c. Naval Architecture 1
d. Hubungan Etnik/Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2*
e. Marine Electronics
f. Engineering Mathematics 2
g. Ship Materials
*Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2: For International
a. Innovation Management
b. Mandarin 2 / Arabic Language 2
c. Fluid Mechanics
d. Naval Architecture 2
e. Applied Mechanics
f. Welding Technology
g. Computer Aided Ship Design 1
a. Shipbuilding Technology
c. Strength of Materials
d. Ship Production Technology
e. Maritime Law
f. Ship Structure
g. Marine Electro -Technology
h. Professional English 2
a. Ship Resistance and Propulsion
b. Marine Power Plant and Auxiliary Support System
c. Applied Dynamics
d. Computer Aided Ship Design 2
e. Numerical Methods
f. Offshore and Subsea Structures
g.Isu-isu Kontemporari Muslim di Malaysia / Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia*
*Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia: For International
and Local Non – Muslim Studen
a. Final Year Project 1
b. CAM Technology
c. Ship Design
d. Seakeeping and Manouvering
e. Quality Management
f. Co -Curriculum 2
g. Elective 1
a. Final Year Project 2
b. Shipyard and Engineering Project Management
c. Marine System Design
e. Elective 2
f. Elective 3
a. Industrial Training
a. Introduction to Technical Computing
b. Introduction to Programming
c. Cargo Handling System
d. Maritime Economic and Transportations
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
- Sharadham bin Sapie +6019-522 0789 (email@example.com)
- Ahmad Mustafid bin Dahalan +6017-302 5361 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mohd Firdaus bin Mohd Aziad +6019-496 6040 (email@example.com)
General line: +605-690 9000 / 9014
Fax: +605-690 9091 / 9033