Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Offshore) with Honours (BOE) is another alternative programme to be offered to qualified students from external learning institutions and within Universiti Kuala Lumpur; for them to continue their study. This programme is unique to UniKL MIMET, focusing on the design and construction of offshore structures for deep water applications (above 1200m) e.g. spar oil and gas (O&G) platforms.
The courses offered in BOE correspond to six offshore engineering areas namely Offshore Technology, Offshore Hydrodynamics, Offshore Design/Structure, Offshore Production, Offshore Fabrication and Maritime Law. The courses are designed to develop students having applied knowledge concerning mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals specific to offshore engineering. In addition to this, the students will also learn the necessary problem analysis, design and development of solutions, conduct relevant investigations and use model tools and systems. Issues concerning environment and sustainability as well as safety are also included in the curriculum.
January and September only
Job prospects for graduates in the following fields:
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Offshore Fabrication Yard
- Offshore Design House
- Classification Society
- Offshore Machinery Installation and Repair
- Professional Bodies
- Government Agency
- Academic Institution
- All applicants must achieve minimum MUET Band 2* AND;
- Pass in STPM / Matriculation / Foundation or its equivalent, with minimum CGPA 2.0 and at least Grade C in Mathematics and one relevant Science subject; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass in A-Level with minimum Grade D in Mathematics and one (1) relevant Science subject; OR
- Pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with minimum grade of Jayyid and pass SPM or its equivalent with minimum Grade C in Mathematics and one relevant science subject or equivalent; OR
- Recognised Diploma in Engineering / Engineering Technology or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- Recognized related Technical / Vocational / Skills Diploma with minimum CGPA 2.00; OR
- Pass Higher National Diploma (HND) UK (MQF Level 4) in related area and recognized government of Malaysia and according to approval by UniKL Senate; OR
- Pass Diploma Kemahiran Malaysia (DKM) / Diploma Lanjutan Kemahiran Malaysia (DLKM) / Diploma Vokasional Malaysia (DVM) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 subject to the approval of the Senate / Academic Board of the relevant institution; OR
- Pass the DKM / DLKM / DVM with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 AND have at least two (2) years of work experience in the related field.
*Note: MUET Band 2 as a requirement to graduate for graduates from DKM / DLKM / DVM.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce UniKL graduates who are:
PEO 1: Knowledgeable, competent and innovative, who will contribute towards the human capital in Offshore Engineering Technology.
PEO 2: Well trained in the professional skills to support their role in Offshore Engineering field such as effective leadership, teamwork skills and interpersonal communication skills.
PEO 3: Committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement in the Offshore Engineering field.
PEO 4: Practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
PEO 5: Capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities in Offshore Engineering and related field.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, the students of Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Offshore) with Honours will be able to:
PLO 1: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and offshore engineering specialisation to defined and applied engineering procedures, processed, systems and methodologies.
PLO 2: Identify, formulate, research literature and analyse broadly-defined offshore engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to their discipline or area of specialization.
PLO 3: Design solutions for broadly-defined offshore engineering technology problems and contribute to the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration of public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PLO 4: Conduct investigations of broadly-defined problems; locate, search and select relevant data from codes, data bases and literature, design and conduct experiments to provide valid conclusions.
PLO 5: Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling, to broadly-defined offshore engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
PLO 6: Demonstrate understanding of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to offshore engineering technology practice.
PLO 7: Understand the impact of offshore engineering technology solutions in a societal and environmental context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
PLO 8: Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of technology practice.
PLO 9: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams.
PLO 10: Communicate effectively on broadly-defined offshore engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentation, and give and receive clear instructions.
PLO 11: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of offshore engineering management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team and to manage projects in multidisciplinary environment.
PLO 12: Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in specialist technologies.
*Pengajian Malaysia 3: For International Student
**Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2: For International Student
***Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia: For International and Local Non-Muslim Student
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Kampus Cawangan Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
Dataran Industri Teknologi Kejuruteraan Marin
Bandar Teknologi Maritim
Jalan Pantai Remis
Perak Darul Ridzuan
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA):
- Ahmad Mustafid bin Dahalan +6017-302 5361 (email@example.com)
- Mohd Firdaus bin Mohd Aziad +6019-496 6040 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marhaini binti Jamaluddin +6010-931 4012 (email@example.com)
General line: +605-690 9000 / 9014
Fax: +605-690 9091 / 9033