Rapid development of today’s marine industry has started since a few decades ago. The huge scope of this industry includes various types of vessels, offshore platform design, construction, operation and maintenance until the production of spare parts and shipping equipment. There is more than 22,000 professional and semi-professional bodies work in our local marine industry and other related bodies. It is expected that there will be an increment in the human resource’s needs in between 8% to 10% every year.
By looking at the statistics and the needs of human resources in the industry, UniKL MIMET aspires to offer courses that based on Marine Engineering Technology to produce more semi-professional bodies that are able to contribute to the development and achievement of the industry and to the country generally.
This programme is expected to be offered to at least the STPM holder with the opportunities to be trained to become professional in the marine industry, to establish their own self and the industry, hence to the economic growth as a whole.
Apart from engineering technology subjects, the programme also offers skills in technopreneur, design innovation and project. This is to ensure that they are good technical workers with high skills, creative, innovative and be able to manage, operate and maintain any systems related to marine industries.
January and September only
- Marine Engineer (4th, 3rd, 2nd and 1st Class Engineer)
- Ship’s Technical Superintendent
- Shipyard Technical Manager
- Maintenance & Operation Engineer
- Marine Surveyor
- Marine Specialist
- Project Manager
- Offshore Engineer
- Maritime Lecturer
Lulus Malaysian University English Test (MUET) dengan mendapat sekurang-kurangnya Band 2;
Lulus STPM/ A Level dengan mendapat sekurang-kurangnya gred C (CGPA 2.00) dalam dua (2) mata pelajaran termasuk Matematik, dan salah satu mata pelajaran Sains, Gred D dalam dua (2) mata pelajaran lain serta lulus SPM atau setara, dengan sekurang-kurangnya lulus Bahasa Inggeris;
Lulus program Matrikulasi/ Program Persediaan/ Kursus Asas dalam bidang Sains/ Kejuruteraan/ Teknologi daripada UniKL atau mana-mana Pemberi Pendidikan Tinggi (PPT) yang diiktiraf oleh Kerajaan Malaysia dengan mendapat sekurang-kurangnya CGPA 2.00;
Lulus program Diploma (Tahap 4, KKM) dalam bidang berkaitan dari UniKL atau mana-mana PPT yang diiktiraf oleh Kerajaan Malaysia dengan mendapat sekurang-kurangnya CGPA 2.00;
Kelayakan lain yang diiktiraf setara dengannya oleh Kerajaan Malaysia.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce UniKL graduates who are:
- Knowledgeable, competent and innovative which will contribute towards the human capital in Marine related industry.
- Effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- Committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Practice professionalism with ethics and socially responsibility.
- Capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, the students of Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Marine Engineering will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering specialization in the field of marine engineering to define and applied practical procedures and practices
- Identify and solve broadly-defined marine engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to their field of activity
- Design solutions for broadly-defined marine engineering problems and assist with the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of broadly-defined marine related problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to broadly-defined engineering activities relevant to marine engineering, with an awareness of the limitations
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams
- Communicate effectively on broadly-defined marine engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to marine engineering practice
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in industrial and marine societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning
**Pengajian Malaysia III: For International Student
*Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi II: For International Student
*Culture and Lifestyle in Malaysia: For International and Local Non-Muslim Student
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
Dataran Industri Teknologi Kejuruteraan Marin,
Bandar Teknologi Maritim,
Jalan Pantai Remis,
Perak Darul Ridzuan,
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
- Sharadham bin Sapie +6019-522 0789 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ahmad Mustafid bin Dahalan +6017-302 5361 (email@example.com)
- Mohd Firdaus bin Mohd Aziad +6019-496 6040 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marhaini binti Jamaluddin +6010-931 4012 (email@example.com)
General line: +605-690 9000 / 9014
Fax: +605-690 9091 / 9033