Since its establishment in 2004, the focus of UniKL-MIMET has always been in the area of Marine Engineering Technology. Realizing the vast array of the maritime sector that includes electrical and electronics services, the institute had taken the initiative to develop a programme namely Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology (Marine) with Honors – BMEE with the support from industrial experts as specialist. This programme is in tandem with the need of the nation to increasingly liberalise Marine Electrical and Electronics services that include ship communication, ship navigation, ship control and monitoring system as well as ship weapons system. Prior to graduation, the students will undergo a 24-week industrial training attachment at a real workplace. All these wide range of subjects are designed to advance both your technical knowledge and soft skills in communications, management, technopreneurship and professional practice.
January and September
Prospective undergraduates will be offered courses/subjects in five sub-areas namely Electronic Systems, Electrical & Power Systems, Instrumentation & Control Systems, Communication & Navigation Systems as well as Underwater Technology. The amalgamation of the five sub-areas is meant to provide adequate knowledge to prospective BMEE graduates to venture into the employment areas not only specific to marine but also to those pursuing a career in other broad areas of electrical and electronics services and management. Upon completion, BMEE degree holders may register as an Engineering technologist and join industrial to take up a professional positions such as:
- Electro-Technical Officer (ETO)
- Electrical / Electronic Engineer
- Control / Automation Engineer
- Plan Approval Engineer
- System Project Manager
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) Engineering/Engineering Technology recognized or equivalent with CGPA 2.0; OR
- Diploma (Level 4, KKM) in fields of vocational, technical/skills in relevant fields and recognized with CGPA 2.0 and at least a pass in English at SPM; OR
- Pass in UniKL Foundation in Science & Technology with minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in Matriculation/Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.0; OR
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent, with at least Grade C in 3 subjects including Mathematics and one science subject and at least pass in English at SPM;
- Applicant is required to achieve Band 2 of MUET.
- Other recognized equivalent qualifications by Malaysian Government.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
This programme is designed to produce:
- Graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, and innovative, which will contribute towards the human capital in the marine related industry.
- Graduates who have effective leadership and team work skills as well as verbal, non-verbal and interpersonal communication skills to support their role in industry.
- Graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- Graduates who are practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- Graduates who are capable of embarking on business and technopreneurial activities.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
Upon graduation, our students of Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technology (Marine) with Honors – BMEE will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization in electrical and electronics to wide practical procedures and practices;
- Identify and solve broadly-defined electrical and electronic engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using codified methods of analysis specific to their field of activity.
- Design solutions for broadly-defined electrical and electronic problems and assist with the design of systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of broadly-defined electrical and electronic problems; locate and search relevant codes and catalogues, conduct standard tests and measurements.
- Apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to broadly-defined engineering activities in electrical and electronic, with an awareness of the limitations.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member in diverse technical teams.
- Communicate effectively on broadly-defined engineering activities in electrical and electronic with the society, by being able to comprehend the work of others, document their own work, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering technician practice.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practices.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in industrial and marine societal context and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of management, business practices, and technopreneurial competencies.
- Recognize the need for, and have the ability to engage in independent and life-long learning.
UNIVERSITI KUALA LUMPUR
Malaysian Institute of Marine Engineering Technology (UniKL MIMET)
Marketing, Student Recruitment & Admission (MeSRA)
- Sharadham bin Sapie +6019-522 0789 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mr. Mohd Rohaimi Mohd Dahalan +605-6909052 (email@example.com)
General line: +605-690 9000 / 9014
Fax: +605-690 9091 / 9033